DIY Vintage Fur Ottoman From an Old Cable Spool!

$32

We have been wanting a small foot rest or ottoman for our sun room for a while. Recently, fur ottomans have been popping up all over the place - but they can be pricey. So when I found this old tattered (real!) fur coat at the thrift shop for $8, I snapped it up.
diy vintage fur ottoman from an old cable spool, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Lucky enough to work in a place with a basement full of cast off treasures, so I also grabbed one of these old, empty cable spools.
It was a bit too tall, so I disassembled it and used 2x2s to readjust the height.
I added foam for comfort and legs and voila!
It's a sweet little quirky perch for feet, a book or some afternoon tea :) For more on how this little stool was created visit our blog www.diypassion.com - Thanks for following!

DIY Passion