Make Your Own Stenciled Pillow Cover

$10

A group of blog friends and I had a NATIONAL gift exchange, and our only requirement was that it was a handmade item, and we blogged about how to DIY each item. I created a stencil and sent handmade pillows to my blog friends.
how to stencil an antler pillow case, christmas decorations, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor
My "handmade" creation was this Antler pillow - with a new stencil design (created and soon to be sold on my website).
"Be Merry" or "Be Messy" -- however you look at it! :) I'm giving away one of these pillows on my Facebook page!
Step 1: Apply adhesive face down on fabric. Step 2: Peel away top layer very carefully (this is not an easy medium if you're impatient--you have to be very careful on this step so your stencil doesn't stretch or get distorted and remains intact). Step 3: Apply paint (light layers) with with Martha Stewart Stencil pouncers. Step 4: Carefully remove stencil and reveal a beautifully clean stencil!
stenciling process - on the right I used the pouncer. On the left I drybrushed the stencil. WIth this super-adhesive stencil they come out very clean and nearly perfect, like they were run through a printer!
I even reused the stencil (after I used on the pillow) to make this sign. So it's slightly better than a one time use stencil. They can even be enlarged to fit an entire piece of furniture.
The gift I received? This beautiful yarn wreath made by Dria at @DIO Home Improvements! I LOVE this...it's on the interior of my front door. To see how she made it you'll have to visit my blog.

• Pillow Cover  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Acrylic Paint  (Hobby Lobby)
Jeanette @SnazzyLittleThings.com

1 comment