Skirting the Issue

32K Views
Skirted work benches and galvanized counters in my Potting Shed.
  • skirting the issue, countertops, craft rooms
I was on the hunt for something to cover my work surface/countertops, along with fabric to skirt my work benches to conceal the storage area underneath.
My work areas are approximately 4 feet x 2 feet.
I wanted a work surface that would be functional, easy to clean, economical, and not look too finished.
I found a sheet metal shop that does HVAC duct work to cover my plywood counters with galvanized sheet metal and attach a back splash.
The total for two four-foot, medium gauge galvanized counters with back splash, and soldered edges was $75 and ready in a day.
We used construction adhesive to secure the counter tops in place.
I found cafe curtains from Country Curtains with a print complete with the flowering charm of a cottage garden. The curtains were the ideal length and width for skirting my work benches. Lucky for me, since I would rather plant or pot, than sew :)
More photos at the link below!

Suggested materials for this project:

Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

Ask a Question