Project Industrial Kitchen Part 2.

Please take a few moments and give me your thoughts after seeing Part I http://www.hometalk.com/6562123/project-industrial-kitchen. I didn't have room to paste all the photos I wanted to so here we are part 2. I need ideas for cabinets, backsplashes, lighting, dinning table and countertops. Have a look below to see my inspirational photos and lastly view my kitchen EEEKKK!
ideas for industrial kitchen remodel, countertops, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, lighting, painting
So many choices I need lighting (economical) for above kitchen table. Which would you choose or something entirely different for my space? These are not my photos and their links can be found here: http://www.pinterest.com/DebsHitchcock/organizing-kitchen-industrial/
"Industrial DIY thrifty Kitchen Inspirations"
My Inspiration Board "Industrial DIY thrifty Kitchen Inspirations"
Kitchen table the bottom right photo is my table (the latest taken from Christmas 2014) what to do here? How can I turn this into industrial table or just start from scratch? I like the other table right above my pic because it's smaller and faced coming from the other wall to add more room? The other photos are not mine and can be found here: http://www.pinterest.com/DebsHitchcock/organizing-kitchen-industrial/
Wood, Zink (not sure I remember what the silvertopped countertop photo is) or concrete DIY Counter tops has anyone have any of these? Im wondering which one last the longest? I also believe it will make a difference in what colors I paint my walls, Cabinets and backsplash.
Industrial Style cabinets how do I do mine? What color or simply add new hardware with some trim? See below my hum drum dark tiny kitchen.
This is my kitchen as I was cooking and cleaning out my spice cabinet & baking cabinet. What would you do with these builder grade cabinets for Industrial Theme? Two tone bottom cabinets in one color while top is another? Would you just add molding to them? Please help!

To see more: http://www.pinterest.com/DebsHitchcock/organizing-kitchen-industrial/

• Cassie Perry

Hey Deborah, I don't know how much (if any) you've done in your kitchen. If you've gotten some things done, I'd love to see any updates. The first 2 things I would do are (1) sell your existing table and chairs, and (2) paint the walls a light neutral color like griege or very light gray. Use a scrubbable flat paint. Be sure to check out the "oops" paint at Home Depot or Lowe's, because you can get top quality paint for very cheap sometimes. Once you sell your table and chairs, go to Wal-Mart and get one of their folding banquet tables. They come in 4, 5, and 6 foot lengths, and they all fold in half for storage. You can also get a set of 4 of their folding chairs. This will give you a place to eat while you are searching for the perfect table and chairs to actually fit your space. The reason I say go ahead and sell the table and chairs is twofold: first, it is too big for your space and increases your frustration, and second, if you find a replacement, you won't have to worry about "what will I do with the old table?" As far as actually replacing the table and chairs, I would check Craigslist, freecycle, and any local community yard sale postings (check Facebook for groups in your area). Many times, someone will post on our local yard sale page "I'm in need of a 6 ft long rectangular table for less than $25" and lo and behold, someone says,, "oh, I have one." Remember that no matter what it looks like, it can probably be upcycled to work. And if not, you could turn around and sell it, and keep looking. Good luck with your redo. I share your pain...I have the same laundry room, wall, back door layout with no storage.

• Deborah

Hi Cassie, thanks for posting! Just yesterday I have now installed two simple shelves. I have a neighbor thats into antiques, he goes to local sales and saw this industrial type table. There is no way easy to describe it. Im using it as a coffee station along the wall of the back door where the two new shelves are. Im still working on getting that paint-well now i have it, just gotta do it! Its grey in color. Im working on several projects at once, cleaning my garage! Eeewwww Im sitting on that table idea Im just not sure what I can do since I always have guests. Im on board with the free cycle stores, email's etc. Watching!