Non-traditional Ceiling Medallion

I've been busy trying to freshen up the decor in my home and have started stealing from Peter to give to Paul..... taking from one room to use in another.
I've had this iron wall hanging from Pottery Barn on my dining room walls for 5-6 years. I've been bored with it there, but I haven't been ready to get rid of it quite yet.
I had the idea of using it as a ceiling medallion in my office. This idea required me getting my husband to take down the existing light.... and getting our teenage son to help because SOMEBODY has to take the pictures.
You know what my husband is thinking right now..... it's what every good husband is thinking when his wife has him in project mode. He's thinking he adores me. And that he especially loves doing projects requiring wiring. And that he especially, especially loves holding extra heavy iron things over his head. Ha!
The piece had several holes to secure the piece to the wall (or ceiling). We used sheetrock anchors because I'm anti-stud finding. I wanted it up there regardless of the studs. Sometimes when you are decorating, you just gotta say studs, schmuds.
And I'm in LOVE with the end result! A little whimsical and a great repurpose!

Jennifer Allwood

• Ed37303641

HOW DO YOU BEND IT?
    • Kim Carlton

Lol...I don't mean to laugh, but I'm pretty sure it came that way from Pottery Barn. Have a great weekend. 😂
  • Msd2191691

Outstanding!!!!
    What is the wall the medallion hung on covered with?
  • D

That's very classy! Don't we love the honey-doers? The wall you removed the metal work from - is it wallpapered or cork or??? We are considering cork flooring for a wall project- wondering if anyone has done that?

• Viki

Awesome! I find plain ceilings boring - and this is a great idea. Iron work isn’t my style, but I’m sure I can find something better to look at that painted sheetrock. I’ve done textured wallpaper, but that gives my shoulders spasms just thinking about it.

• Rose

LOVE LOVE LOVE this...you go girl