Cleaning a Stainless Steel Sink

16K Views
This sink was dull and dingy and needed to be clean and shiny. Another DIY using baking soda and vinegar made this happen.
  • cleaning a stainless steel sink with baking soda and vinegar, cleaning tips, homesteading, how to
After trying several cleaners full of chemicals, I wasn't happy with the results so I tried using what I had on hand.
Start by giving the whole sink area a heavy spraying of plain white vinegar then sprinkle a heavy coat of baking soda all over. Let this set for at least 5 minutes. Don’t forget to do the faucet area and outside rim of the sink.

After letting the baking soda soak into the vinegar, dampen a dish cloth, or you might prefer a sponge, with just enough water so you can make a paste with your baking soda. Keep scrubbing with the paste solution until you have done all of it.
Rinse well and dry. For all the details check out my blog post.

Suggested materials for this project:

Rosemary Palmer

Ask a Question
    • Fab and Pretty
      Fab and Pretty

Just tried this and love it! Yesterday was my scheduled sink cleaning day so nice timing I postponed it! I used the left over paste, scooped it into a plastic container, then went to the bathroom sinks, sprayed and paste scrubbed, them, even the soap spots on the drain covers came off. ~actually used to do the 'flylady' method of bleach and fill the sink with hot water...really prefer this.

• Hannah V
        Hannah V Brooklyn, NY

Wow!