Cleaning a Stainless Steel Sink

This sink was dull and dingy and needed to be clean and shiny. Another DIY using baking soda and vinegar made this happen.
cleaning a stainless steel sink with baking soda and vinegar, cleaning tips, homesteading, how to
After trying several cleaners full of chemicals, I wasn't happy with the results so I tried using what I had on hand.
Start by giving the whole sink area a heavy spraying of plain white vinegar then sprinkle a heavy coat of baking soda all over. Let this set for at least 5 minutes. Don’t forget to do the faucet area and outside rim of the sink.

After letting the baking soda soak into the vinegar, dampen a dish cloth, or you might prefer a sponge, with just enough water so you can make a paste with your baking soda. Keep scrubbing with the paste solution until you have done all of it.
Rinse well and dry. For all the details check out my blog post.
Rosemary Palmer

• DB

I just moved into a new condo. My new stainless steel frog came with very specific instructions to NOT use viegar on Stainless steel.

• Susan hammond

Just use the baking soda, I clean my sink with baking soda, have never added the vinegar, will try it. I pour baking soda down all the drains in my house on a regular basis to keep it from smelling.

• MomieX5

I use baby oil on all my stainless appliances...makes them look beautiful. The scent isn't overpowering and doesn't linger for very long.