Industrial Shelf Solution for the Guest Bath (or any room!)

We were in desperate need of extra storage in our teeny, tiny guest bath. The single vintage shelf was simply not enough. A fan of all things industrial, we used metal plumbing fixtures and glass to create three simple shelves. Triple the storage space!
We started with this metal flanges, rods, and tips, coated them with primer, and then coated them with a layer of oil-rubbed bronze spray paint.
Then we mounted the painted brackets to the wall, attached two self-adhesive rubber dots to each bracket, and topped them with glass pieces cut to size.
Accessorized!

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
WhisperWood Cottage

• Lovesunique
    Lovesunique

What bonds the glass to the metal so it doesn't slip off?

• WhisperWood Cottage
      WhisperWood Cottage

The glass and metal are not bonded in any way. We used clear gel dots to keep the glass from sliding.

• Solongrl
    Solongrl

Sorry, but my "ask a question" option isn't working, so I have to ask here...Did you use any wall anchors? What kind, and what kind of weight do you think these would hold? And for a longer shelf? Thanks in advance.

• Irish Pack
    Irish Pack

I am a handy-challenged individual. I have a small drill and common tools. I know absolutely nothing about drilling holes in walls. I would love to put shelving in my bathroom, but do I need to find studs or have to place the holes in specific places, or can I put them where I want?

• Onwingandhoof
      Onwingandhoof

Hi, you can use studs... but they're far apart and not always accessible. If you want to build shelving, obviously mark how long and how far in between you want the shelves. Buy drywall plastic anchors. These should come with the plastic screw anchor and the screw. Use these to attach shelving. Make sure to read the package weight before settling on which size anchor to buy. Make a hole with an awl using a hammer to poke it through the wall. Then use your drill to drive in the plastic anchor into the small puncture. This will now be the 'hole' you use to attach your shelving. Make sure to use the screw that came with the anchors for attaching the shelf bracket.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie

Very nice! Great space-saving idea! Very handy! Like the mix of glass and “pipe” in a small space! 😄

• Dottie Jarred
    Dottie Jarred

Definitely doing this. Love it! Thanks for the inspiring idea!