DIY holiday waterless diorama-style snow globes

It's easy to make some really cute holiday decor with cleaned out glass jars and some bits and pieces from the dollar store and the craft store.You'll need:Glass jars,tacky white craft glue,faux snow,glitter, mini figurines, mini faux trees and other embellishments of choice.This is a great snowy day craft to do with the family and a great way to recycle that old salsa jar!
Get creative with your recyclables!!!
Purchase some inexpensive figures and mini trees found at most craft stores and even the dollar store.
fill the base of the lid with white glue and let set a few minutes until it becomes thick and tacky.
also place some glue on the bottom of the tree, giving it a little twist as you push down to remove any air bubbles.
Do the same thing with the base of your animals or any other small trinkets you would like to place inside the jar.
Test the opening that you have the items positioned so the jar lip will clear and you can get eh lid back on the jar.
add another layer of glue and add faux snow and sparkly glitter to the inside of the base. Let the jar sit out a few days so the glue dries and moisture doesn't get caught in the jar when you put the lid back on.
once dry, screw the lid back on and give it a slight tilt so some of the glitter and fine snow particles coat the inside a bit.
Use different sized jars for a different effect, or cluster them for the full impact. You can enjoy your new decor, or give as teacher or neighbor gifts!

Jennifer rizzo

• Susan

I am using a plastic snow globe for a waterless snow globe and my glitter is sticking to the inside of the globe. Is there any glitter that won’t stick?

• Tamara Phillips

Can you use other type of glue to hold the objects down

• Joffler

My 4 year old daughter loves crafting and Mom uses her weekends to work on her doctoral so Dad has to do the crafting (which, I admit is fun and I really enjoy the father/daughter bond). I bought the miniatures and have started collecting interesting jars and this will be one of our holiday crafts this year. We don't get snow in Houston so we've got to make our own White Christmas whenever and however we can.

• Smk1442994

All SO lovely !!