Brilliant Idea!

$80-100
Advanced

So, I had a huge jar of left over glass pebbles--you know the kind that you get at the craft store in those little net bags. I use the flawless ones to make my custom art pendants and rather than throw away the flawed ones, I kept collecting them in a large glass jar hoping someday I would come up with a brilliant idea. Well, here it is! It's a work in progress...
I first cut out pages from an old pocket Bible that was falling apart and missing pages.
I them spent a good part of a day, decoupaging them to a long section of the hallway wall.
Once the decoupage had dried; I began at the bottom of the wall, gluing one glass bead at a time, using (you guessed it) E6000. This process took at least 10 separate, 1 hour sessions. Once I glued about 5 or 6 rows, I used lengths of scotch tape to secure them to the wall and allowed the glue to dry over night before starting another section.
This took a really, really, long time. I got to a point that I was a bit sorry that I started it. Of course that is simply because I am 54 years old and lazy.
Love the way the light reflects off the glass and magnifies the words. You could use any background you like. I'm thinking colorful tissue paper, crinkled up, would look really lovely on a larger wall that gets a lot of light.
Once I had covered the entire section of the wall with the glass pebbles, I got the crazy idea to grout them in. So, I mixed some black acrylic paint into the dry white grout that I had left over from the bathroom project and after masking everything off, I started at the bottom and worked my way up.
I ran out of grout three quarters of the way up and have decided that I like the look and I am going to leave the rest un-grouted. The next step is going to be a surprise. I hope to have it completed in a couple months.
Hint: The next step includes a little girl blowing soap bubbles.....
I doubt many people have a large jar of left over glass beads; and I doubt most people would want to stick them on a wall; but, just in case you do...
I will create a separate post once the project is complete. That post will provide a step-by-step on how I paint the wall mural.

Dianna Wood

• Suzanne Coia

What type of glue did you use to adhere the pebbles to the wall?

• Scimal

Well I really love your this news paper idea but really I don’t understand how u make this circles with glue .

• Karen

The circles are not made with glue, they are glass "pebbles". You can buy these by the bag on Amazon or at the dollar store. The glue is just used to attach them to the wall.

• Patti P

It looks great. However, should you change your mind, won’t the E6000 tear up your dry wall if you remove the pebbles?

• Dianna Wood

The walls are wood paneling. It's a vintage mobile home. So one can pop the panel off and replace the panel very inexpensively.