Linda B
Linda B
  • Trumbull, CT

Easter Bunny Gift Bags Made From Mailing Envelopes

I have lots of baskets to give to the family kids and I wanted to make something different and cost effective. Then I spied these white quilted mailers. This is very cost effect. I bought a whole pack of these padded white envelopes from Staples.
bunny gift bags made from mailing envelopes, crafts, easter decorations, how to, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Here is the mailing envelopes. They are very sturdy and white which is nice for Easter.
I folded in the top edges of the envelope so there is a nice neat top of the basket. I glued them down with hot glue.
The bottom corners need to be tucked in to create a square bottom to the bag so that it can stand on its own.
Here is the square bottom.
Next step is to cut out pretty bunnies and glue them to the front of the bag.
On the girl bags I put bows on the ears and for the boy bags I put a bow tie.
I glued on ribbon handles with the glue gun.
Of course, I filled them with awesome goodies.
Want to see more?
Linda B

• Cindy Broadbent

The mailers I purchased are covered in printing. I was thrilled to find that nail polish remover will take it all off leaving nice clean mailers! Making these today.

• JoAnn

What an amazing idea! I would never have come up with that idea looking at an envelope!! Kudos to you!