From Trash To Treasure: Old Jars Become Something Creative and Usable

$2.00
I wanted to make candle lanterns outside, i priced lanterns at the store, and decided to be creative and recycle and reuse this jar. At First was an experiment, but as I progressed, my creativiy and imagnation started to take control... I started out with an old olive jar, washed by hand and in the dishwasher to thoroughly clean it. I took off the label on the jar with a paint scraper and water, worked like a charm. Then I went to work.
from trash to treasure old jars become something creative and usable, crafts, how to, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, Before
Before
plain jar. cleaned by hand and in diswasher.
from trash to treasure old jars become something creative and usable, crafts, how to, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, In process
In process
I put clear glue all around the top of the jar where the lid used to be. I added burlap twine, after i let the twine adhere to the to of the jar, i painted it brown, and let that dry.
from trash to treasure old jars become something creative and usable, crafts, how to, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, in process
in process
After i painted the twine, I added two little stickers, (i bought at walmart for 97cents) i added one to each side of the jar. (i stayed with the same color scheme.)
from trash to treasure old jars become something creative and usable, crafts, how to, mason jars, repurposing upcycling, After Finished Product
After. Finished Product
I bought little brown colored marbled rock at walmart for $1.00. I added it to the bottom in one layer, then i used tongs, to lower a tea light candle on the bottom layer of rock, I then by tongs placed rock around the candle so it would hide the base of the candle...
and Voila....instant lanterns for outside around my patio and pool/spa...

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 7 comments
Next