Asked on Mar 28, 2015

Want to find a way to use old creamer and sugar containers. Any ideas

Kathy MunsonCynthia HToni Pix
+4

Hubby bought a box at an auction with 5 -1/2 sets of clear glass creamer and sugar containers. I don't drink or serve coffee..so any ideas of how they can be upcycled to a new use would be great.
  • Kathy B

@Kathy Munson I just saw a picture on Pinterest that had a sugar bowl and creamer attached to a board (bottoms to board). The person then turned the board on its side and filled the sugar and creamer halfway with soil, put small plants in them then hung the board up. Wish I'd kept it, but I don't have any sugar bowls/creamers around, so I didn't. You might try searching for "sugar bowl" on Pinterest. It was really cute.

• Joyce

Local craigs lists and e bay

• JBug

Planters are a great idea........can "stack" them and create Garden Art or stack them and use as bird feeders. I had an "old" ceramic teapot, added some gravel in the bottom of it for drainage and then soil, added a small succulent and it is sitting in my window.

• Ann Brownlee

I just saw where someone used a banana holder, put one cup on the bottom and tilted the other from the hanger, planted with plants.

• Toni Pix

there are a lot of things you can do @Kathy Munson I get the knor spice bullion, they come in cardboard boxes I recycle glass jars and put this inside, I also dehydrate a lot so I put stuff like that in there, I also use them to keep sugar for my coffee at the office. these ideas for ones with lids, I also buy the large containers of salt scrubs and divide them up to the small jars and give them to my girls for there use at home, ( I have 4) . if you have colored ones with lids you can use them in a guest bath to put cotton balls and other little sundries in. Just a few ideas.

• Cynthia H

Some of mine that I've accumulated, I've used to store small items like buttons (especially glass ones look lovely when sorted by color), and pincushions (use a pretty color fabric with stuffing - start with a larger circle of fabric, then stuff it with a ball of fiber fill or wool if you have it, attach it to the inside bottom after you tie it closed or stitch it closed with a spot of glue and you have a cute pincushion). No matter how you use them, there are lots of great options out there!

• Kathy Munson

Thank you for the ideas..the sugar bowls do not have lids. They are all clear glass. I am starting to think I may turn them into candles.