Erica D
Erica D
  • Warsaw, IN

Give Your Room Some Life!

We moved this winter into a new house hundreds of miles away from our previous home. As we adjusted to a new town, family, friends, and church I knew I wanted to created a fun bedroom for my daughter to help her feel settled in our new life.
give your room some life, bedroom ideas, painting, wall decor
The room was a beige gray and needed color for a four year of girl! Together we decided that pink with a splash of purple would be fun!
I painted some samples on her wall and stared at them in different lighting for weeks and weeks. Finally, I was ready to paint! I painted three walls of the room a light pink and one accent wall a fun purple.
It was definitely brighter and fun, but it was not the pop and splash of life that I was hoping for. I decided I needed to stencil the purple wall, and I picked a fun one from Royal Design Studio Stencils to get the job done!
I used gold as my stencil accent color, and I love how it turned out!
It is the perfect splash of fun and pattern yet subtle enough that my eyes aren't exhausted staring at it!
Paint is such a cheap way to add color and life to a room! You can see more pictures of this room on my blog spoonfulofimagination.com
Erica D

• Lorna

Pretty neat

• Polly Zieper

gorgeous!!!so cheerful and inviting! Any 4 yr old girl would be thrilled with this room,the wooden furniture is great, too:)What brand stencil and pain- for the stencil did you use?