Additional Seating Needed

74K Views
I had dead space and needed additional seating in the kitchen/dinette area for family and friends.
  • additional seating in the kitchen, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, woodworking projects
This is the area that I wanted to make the breakfast bar.
Went to a local salvage store and purchased my materials for less than $25.00. Scrap laminate hardwood flooring, formica countertop, trim, and old porch post.
Removed hardware, doors and drawers.
Attached laminate floor boards and trim.
Cut formica countertop to size. Cut porch post in half and attached all to existing countertop and floor.
Primed wood and counter with a light grey paint (chalk paint).
Painted wood white (chalk paint). Sealed painted wood with soft clear wax, 2 coats, buffing between coats. Painted countertop with craft metallic paint (white, black, dark grey, light gray). Sealed with three coats clear gloss wipe-on poly. I did three coats, lightly sanding between coats.
Happy with the results. Total project cost me under $100.00

Suggested materials for this project:

Ask a Question