How to Prevent Wire Baskets From Scratching Your Furniture and Floors

Wire baskets are super popular right now - probably because they're awesome and go with almost any type of decor! BUT, if left untouched, they will scratch your furniture or floors. Trust me - I learned this lesson the hard way.
I worked hard to paint a cheapie bookcase in my son's room, and I purchased these cool wire baskets to enhance the look. Within a day of putting them in there, they'd completely scratched the paint job that I'd just done. Not cool.
I thought about putting some of those stick-on furniture pads on the bottom of the wire baskets, but I knew they'd fall off almost immediately. So I started brainstorming and thought that felt might do the trick.
I figured out a way to sew the felt to the bottom of the wire baskets and attach the pieces very well.
It was PERFECT! No more scratching, and the baskets pull out so easily now! If you have any wire baskets, I would encourage you to check out all of the details and supplies needed to make your wire baskets furniture friendly right on my blog at the link below. Thank you!

Bre @ Average But Inspired

• B. Enne

Smart...Or you could just put a felt rectangle on the shelf.

• Bre @ Average But Inspired

@B. Enne - very true! Since my kids use this shelf, however, that probably wouldn't work well for them. But it would definitely work in other situations! Thanks.

• Cl.ebbing66

Another idea to prevent scratches is Moleskin. It's soft and has a super sticky backing. If the wire basket has legs you can just wrap the Moleskin around each leg. Also, it is beige in color and goes with most color schemes.