A Re-Purposed Glass Votive Shade - Two Ways

You know the glass votive shades that are available for a dollar at thrift shops? They have a rubber ring around the glass nub on top. I re-purposed one into a cloche by adding a vintage spool to the glass knob.
I removed the measuring tape and added a vintage button card, thimbles and red thread under the re-purposed votive shade/cloche.
This is the glass votive shade that I purchased for a dollar.
I had my husband enlarge the hole in the the wooden spool and pushed the glass knob into the spool. You could glue it but I didn't because it was snug.
I put together this vignette with buttons, spools, thread, scissors, and a Sears Roebuck vintage measuring tape. The tape is displayed under the makeshift cloche.
Adding a little red, and a vintage Valentine postcard, I have a Valentine's Day sewing vignette. http://organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com/2013/02/one-vignette-two-ways.html

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Organized Clutter

• Kathy A
    Kathy A

How clever. I have been using similarly shaped glass lamp shades upturned with votive/tealight candles for years but I never thought of using these shades as a cloche. Cute; I love how your vignette is very useful as well as decorative!

• Karen Pullen
    Karen Pullen

Absolutely adorable and inspired!