A Laundry Room Budget Makeover (even the Dog Can Approve Of)

My friend asked if I would help give her some ideas and design direction in upscaling her laundry from boring to beautiful (and on a budget). We had a blast and here are the results!
Above and below are the befores we had to work with. Some of our goals were to get her laundry room and dog supplies behind cabinet doors and a pole to hang the laundry above the washer and dryer and to create a nicer feeding system for her dog. And of course to make the space so beautiful that she would actually look forward to doing laundry.:-)
We added board and batten on 3 of the 4 walls. She found cabinets doors at a garage sale for $4 and built the cabinets boxes for them.
She and her husband made their dog a nice wooden feeding tray with some left over flooring. Doesn't he look pleased about the changes!:-)
They used a kreg jig to attach the top to the sides and then they used a jig saw to cut the circles for the bowls to be inserted.
We added a couple of fun knobs by the door to hang dog leashes and what not.
On the back wall behind washer and dryer we installed beadboard paneling horizontally and 'white washed' it in a light blue for a pop of color.
Between the two cabinets we added a pole for easy clothes hanging.
And a new light fixture for $55 made a big difference in how bright and cheerful the room is now.
The new rug made a huge difference in the room as well. The laundry room is now more functional and more beautiful!
For more photos and sources of this makeover please visit the link below and for more budget friendly makeovers, DIY, and decorating ideas please visit me at my blog, www.providenthomedesign!:-)

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Tamara @ Provident Home Design

• Jennifer
    Jennifer

I like the bead board idea, and then accented in a color, looks great!

• Kim
    Kim

Wow! What a difference! You did an awesome job!!