A great deal of restoration went into the piece. Whenever a piece has chipping paint, it is always necessary to scrape off as much of it as possible. SO, this piece took longer to restore than normal! But alas, I think it turned out well!!
- Sand entire piece and drawers
- Replace nails in back and a few that needed it on drawers
- Peel off as much of old paint as possible
- Sand again
- Replace knobs/Fills in old holes
- Paint and Design (inside and sides of drawers are light mint blue/green)
- Wax bottom of drawers so slide well
Dresser sits 36" high, 38" wide, and is 14" deep.
Pennant Flag Dresser
Before - After
Had to scrap as much of the paint off as possible before painting. You must ALWAYS do this if piece is chipping, even when chalk painting.
For sale at a local shop!
The idea I saw online that inspired the piece.
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published April 5th, 2015 5:53 PM