Up Cycled Chest of Drawers
Here's how I gave this outdated dresser a bright, new look!
I used General Finishes Stain Blocker over the pink to prep for the new red paint. The red paint is Holiday Red from General Finishes. Then I Wiped On Pitch Black Glaze from General Finishes using scrap upholstery foam then I sealed this with High Performance Satin Top Coat also using scrap upholstery foam followed by 2 coats High Performance Matte Top Coat to reduce the Satin shine. By applying Satin before Matte Top Coat, the durability of the top coat is increased.
General Finishes Holiday Red
This is before black glaze
See the scrap upholstery foam in this picture. I cut up 2” foam with an electric carving knife.
Wiped back black glaze with a lint free cloth or blue lint free paper towels.
Comparison of Holiday Red with Glaze and without.
Fabric from Hobby Lobby that was decopodged in the drawers. I used Heirloom Traditions FAB which is a discontinued product but Mod Podge will work too.
The finished project!
- General Finishes paint
- Upholstery foam
- Top coat
Published January 18th, 2018 4:19 AM
3 of 4 comments