This vanity came with a matching dresser than I decided to not keep as a pair. I love everything about this makeover! Especially how simple it came together. Having my Wagner spray gun and nice weather was a joy for this!
Vintage Vanity Makeover ✨
This bad boy needed some serious sanding and help!
Vintage furniture bleed a lot! The tannins in the wood and varnish will be TERRIBLY hard to cover, so sand as much as possible without going to crazy.
This is always a process! I wanted a simple look so thankfully I only had to remove from 3 drawers. Which is still a lot of work but so worth it!
- sand with 60 grit paper and than 220 after your down to bare wood
than I used varathanes briar smoke stain all in one on the drawers.
I had to do multiple coats to stop the bleeding! Thankfully my Wagner spray gun made that time consuming in half the time it normally would’ve taken.
I used BIN ZINNSER SHELLAC BASE, I honestly wouldn’t use any other primer now on wood, due to how many terrible experiences I’ve had with bleeding tannins. And my paint going yellow after! This stuff is worth the money.
I used premier furniture paint in pure white with bbfroshe chalk transformer powder mixed in!
Wagner spray gun to the rescue!
My husband has to drill new holes beside the original to fit the pulls I wanted! Vintage pulls are always such a wonky size!
It sounds simple... and it was. I got this entire vanity done in one day!! PHEW! I powered through it tho it doesnt normally happen in a day folks lol.
Resources for this project:See all materials
Linda Abate on May 25, 2021
Love the combination of the stained wood and the paint. A job well done and one to be proud of.