How to clean toilet bowl stains

+12

Can’t remove toilet bowl stains

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Sep 08, 2021

HI Pen, have you tried, "The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner"? Its the only thing that will work on our hard water stains in our bathrooms.

• Mogie Mogie on Sep 08, 2021

I tired something new last week. I dropped a dishwasher tab in my toilet bowl before I went to bed and let it brew overnight. I was amazed how easily the crud cleaned off the bowl the next morning.

• Here is how to remove pesky toilet bowl stains in 3 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_rwYv5Lk_A

• William William on Sep 08, 2021

What I do. A few squirts of Dawn dish liquid. Pour in some vinegar. Swish with a toilet brush to foam it up. Let it sit for a few hours. Then just lightly scrub with the toilet brush.

• Try a product called 'Scouring Stick'. It's pumice and is available at Walmart.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 08, 2021

First, drain the bowl completely. It depends on what you have tried but I've had great luck with descalers. Start at the top and work your way down. Let sit 15 minutes and apply again. Then sit another 15 minutes. If they are still there, use a pumice stone designed for toilets to scrub it.

• Betsy Betsy on Sep 08, 2021

Hi Pen: Whatever you do, don't use anything that will scratch the surface. You will be in for a truck load of woe if you do. You can use something like Barkeepers Friend or Bon Ami, they don't scratch. Try this: Let all of the water out of the bowl and keep it out. You can tie the rod or ball cock in the tank up so that the tank doesn't fill. Then, well actually first, get a product from the dollar store called Totally Awesome Rust, Calcium and Lime Remover. Spray some paper towels with this and apply to the area you need cleaned. Use rubber gloves to do this. Let it sit several hours, (not overnight, (unless you have another bath and can lock the door) because someone will come in to use the toidy at night and flush the paper towels down. Not good!) keeping the paper towels wet. Lift one of the towels to see if the area is clean. If not, reapply the spray. Wipe the area with the paper towels and you should be o.k. Then remove the paper towels and throw them away. DON'T FLUSH THEM! That will create a new problem for you that you certainly don't want! Let the tank fill and flush. Don't use anything caustic that will scratch the porcelain, like a Brillo Pad or some powder cleaners, because dirt, rust, etc., will get into those little scratches and cause a mess. You can use Bon Ami or Barkeepers Friend if you need to scour the areas. Also, get a mirror and check under the rim, where the water goes into the bowl and be sure those holes are clean and not clogged. You can use vinegar, The Works or Lime Away, both available at the dollar store. Spray the area liberally and let sit for about a 1/2 hour and then check to see if the clog is gone. You can poke a toothpick in the holes or a small nail if the hole is clogged badly. Just wiggle it around a bit. Once the toilet is clean, you can let the rod or ball cock down and flush the toilet. Don't be alarmed if you get a burp from the toilet, that's just air and not a problem. The toilet and tank should both fill up. Remember to clean the outside of the toilet bowl, front and back, and wipe down the tank. For these areas, get a foaming bathroom spray from the dollar store and spray. Wipe down with a moist cloth or paper towel. You should be good to go:)

• Dee Dee on Sep 08, 2021

This formula is especially good for toilet bowls Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Sep 09, 2021

Hello. Tang - koolaid internet recommendations did not work for my toilet hard water stains/ ring.

My solution was the pumice stick. This is excellent way to remove stains and rings in the toilet. When commercial toilet cleaners fail -this is my go to. Great for thick crusted calcium mineral build up that the toilet waterbowl collcts.

They are found at my local Walmart for less than two dollars -good for multiple uses. Be sure to follow the use instructions, soaking the pumice stone in water for a few minutes. While the stone is soaking, grab your toilet brush and splash water up around the ring. Note: It’s very important to keep both the stone and the surface wet while cleaning to avoid scratching your porcelain.

• You can use 2 cups of distilled vinegar, then sprinkle it with baking soda. Let it sitfor about 20 minutes then scrub and flash.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Sep 09, 2021

Leave Coke Cola in overnight, the brush and flush.

• I use Cerama Bryte and a non scratch pad.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Sep 12, 2021

White vinegar and borax/baking soda

1. Sprinkle baking soda or borax generously on the stained areas.
    2. Use the toilet brush to scrub a little bit and spread the powder around.
    3. Add approximately 1½ cup of white vinegar into the bowl.
    4. Leave the solution to work for 15-30 min.
    5. Rinse.
    6. Repeat if there are still visible stains.