Carpet Stain Cleaner
Looking for a homemade pet stain carpet cleaner? Make a batch of this DIY carpet stain remover to remove pet stains from carpets.
It works well as a general homemade carpet stain remover. But, we tend to use it most often for stains caused by our cat. You can use it for blood stains and dog urine stains too.
When removing stains, it’s important to tackle the accidents as soon as you notice them. The longer the stain sits, the more difficult it is to remove from carpet fibers.
When making homemade carpet cleaners, it’s important to be sure they are pet safe. You don’t want to use harsh chemicals to remove stains.
½ cup distilled warm water
1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/3 cup castile soap (any scent) or dish soap
2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
10-20 drops of tea tree essential oil
10-20 drops of lemon essential oil
15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
8-ounce spray bottle
If you would rather not use essential oils around your pets, you can leave them out. They do help neutralize odors. Tea tree oil helps to kill bacteria as well which is important with pet urine stains. Some pet owners prefer not to use essential oils in DIY carpet cleaners.
- Add the vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and distilled water to the bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Gently whisk the glycerin and castile soap into the vinegar solution.
- Whisk in your essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into your bottle and screw the top on tightly.
- Gently agitate the bottle until the mixture is well combined.
Check out this homemade carpet deodorizer!