Homemade Carpet Deodorizer for Pets
This homemade carpet deodorizer for pets is a DIY carpet freshener that works perfectly to keep carpets smelling fresh with pets.
If you’ve been looking for a homemade carpet freshener recipe, this natural carpet deodorizer helps reduce or eliminate carpet odors caused by pet urine or other pet odor.
This homemade carpet deodorizer recipe is a natural way to remove pet carpet odor. It’s an easy DIY that uses ingredients you likely already have in your home.
If you have dogs or cats who have access to your entire home, you can use this DIY carpet deodorizer in any area of your house. Just sprinkle it liberally on the carpeted areas and then vacuum up.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this DIY carpet deodorizer recipe.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 15-20 drops of orange essential oil
- 15-20 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Add baking soda, cornstarch, and salt to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add your essential oils and whisk together until well combined.
- Using a funnel, add your mixture to your container. Close the lid tightly. Let the mixture sit overnight.
- To use this carpet deodorizer, sprinkle liberally onto the carpet. Allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes. Using a vacuum or broom, remove the powder from the carpets.
Check out my blog post for a few pet-safe essential oils.
Enjoyed the project?
Resources for this project:See all materials
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about this project?
Join the conversation
Ellen LaFleche-Christian - Other People's Pets on Mar 28, 2022
Do you have to use essential oils? Will the other ingredients soak up the odors without adding the oils? Give it more of a neutral odor?