What is the best way to clean up pet hair around the house?

+3
I have pets and it seems like hair is everywhere. I can find a good way to clean it up every day without just feeling like it is floating in the air.

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 01, 2018
    I have a negative ion generator/air cleaner, Ionic Breeze, to remove that from the air. It has the blades you wipe off, and OMG get they get really gunky.
    Also make sure your vacuum has a HEPA filter to remove dust particles from the air.
    And I use electrostatic cloths from the Dollar Tree and Swiffer dusters to dust with.... they keep the particles from floating off through the air.

• Leah M Leah M on Jan 01, 2018
    I have cats, lots of cats. I use various methods to keep the hair from flying. Since I'm short (5') and partially disabled, I tend to use cleaning things with long handles. I have a fan blade brush for the ceiling fans, I use Swifter dusters with the extension handle, I will use a broom to get to things other devises can't reach. I don't have a vacuum, because my floors are all hard surfaces. Yes, I know you can use a vacuum on hard floors, but its just as easy to sweep then mop as to vacuum and then mop. If I have a spill between the main mopping, I pull out my Swifter wet pads and clean it up. It is also helpful if something, like a coffee mug, gets broken. On the whole, even just a wet paper towel will keep the fur from flying.

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Jan 02, 2018
    I like lint brushes with handles for sofas and chairs and the pets themselves. You can buy the brushes at the dollar store, and some have refill rolls. You can also use dryer sheets, clean or already used once. 😊

• B. Enne B. Enne on Jan 02, 2018
    Rubber gloves work as lint rollers on furniture.

• Mbrandt Mbrandt on Jan 02, 2018
    Tuesday Morning sells a "pet hair eradicator" where you just brush the hair
    and out in comes (no pain), leaving floors pretty hair free for a couple of days, then use the eradicator again. This isn't the real name, but sales people will know what you mean.

• Oh dear, fur is part of my life too. Lots of pets at my house. I have a good vacuum cleaner, and mop the kitchen floor every night before bed. One of my best buys ever (referral from one of my best friends), are rubber brushes I bought from QVC.

The best $20 I ever spent on a shopping channel. I use them every single day. The long handled one is great for carpets, rugs, etc. The hand held is perfect for furniture. I have had mine for over 4 years and thinking about purchasing a back up set. 3 Dogs, 6 cats, a canary, a dragon, 3 next door neighbor dogs plus any visiting pets . . . One of my dogs has been molting for m o n t h s, our weather has been so odd, her body doesn't know what to do. I literally brush a new "dog" off her every day and even with that she still has "tufts" flying off of her daily. (And yes she has had vet visits to rule out any possible illness.)

I want one of the ion air cleaners - it has got to help!