Decoupage help

I have painted a table with dark grey chalk paint and I am trying to decoupage little feathers on it. I am using Mod Podge glue as recommended to stick the feathers on and seal them and then use a wax to cover the whole table. However I can see the glue around the feathers where I have stuck them on. Am I doing this right? Do I need to be really careful with the glue? Do I wax the wood first?

I have never done this before - as you can tell

q decoupage help
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Apr 28, 2020

Hi Carley, I don't have a TON of experience with mod podge but I've refinished a lot of furniture and mod podge isn't totally unlike a sealer (such as polyacrylic) I really think that you'll need to mod podge the whole table to get an even look.

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Apr 28, 2020

Chalk paint is extremely fragile unless sealed. I recommend you seal the entire table using matte poly sealer. It won't yellow and the matte will keep the chalk paint look. Once sealed and dry, then do your decoupage.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Apr 30, 2020

I would think you need to mod -podge entire piece to even all out