Burning Experiment #2
In my last post I tried getting good edges while burning. This time I'm going for a more organic look.
I had a scrap of plywood with some good grain on it so I sanded it and decided it would be a good piece to experiment with.
I folded 4 layers of aluminum foil over the wood and sketched out a basic design.
I cut the foil out in my design and weighted it down with what I had handy.
I torched the exposed wood to get the burned effect I was looking for.
That worked a bit better than I expected.
I decided my tree needed foliage.
Time for some Unicorn SPiT!!!
I added the colors for a sunset effect. I think next time I'll go a bit lighter.
I took it outside and sealed it with a clear spray on sealer. I think this is another one for my wall of experiments. I like the technique idea, I will practice this again and eventually do it on a table that I have.
- Unicorn SPiT (www.unicornspit.com)
Published July 27th, 2017 1:23 AM
2 of 29 comments