How to cover an unsightly tankless water heater...

+6
Including the pipes the gas water heater is about 35" high... and about 18" across. It needs to vent on the sides--so something with slates or holes would be good. Right now it is right over my pedestal sink--which I plan on changing for a small cabinet and build something in back so it can go out a bit from the tankless water heater.... Any help. Thanks PS in the pix my water heater is the one on the right that replaced the standing one....
q how to cover an unsightly tankless water heater
  • Molly Anmar Molly Anmar on Nov 27, 2017
    I'd hang a piece of art or a curtain over an ugly fixture.

• Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Nov 27, 2017
    This person created a sliding type of wall, you may be able to adapt this to suit your needs:

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 27, 2017
    Louvre doors hinged together to form screen...

• Robyn Garner Robyn Garner on Nov 27, 2017
    Repurpose or build frames and fill inside with decorative grating?

• Whatever method you choose, be sure to follow manufacturers instructions for ventilation or you may void your warranty.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Nov 28, 2017
    Find some window shutters at a restore or thrift shop. Hinge them together so they fit around the water heater, then put a wooden top on them.

• Allison Newby Allison Newby on Nov 29, 2017
    I don't know either but when you figure it out please share. I too have this problem :(

• Zetandel Zetandel on Jan 23, 2021

It looks cool! Finding the right place for the water heater is also important as it can generate some noise. For my water heater, I made a cupboard that would be easy to disassemble in the event of a unit breakdown. Suddenly, at one point, I heard hot water heater knocking. The sounds were very strong and water began to pour from the hull. I realized that expensive repairs awaited me. As the master explained, the water heater should be serviced as often as possible. Do a technical check every six months and try to control the level of scale on the spirals. I never thought that technique would require so much attention from me.

• TPayne TPayne on Feb 01, 2021

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM