Do you have an old dresser mirror that you are not sure what to do with? Let me show you how I turned one into a beautiful shelf that you can use in so many ways. You can do the entire thing in just a weekend.
Turn An Old Dresser Mirror Into A Shelf
1. Take It Apart. Remove the mirror from the back of the dresser portion. Once it was off, we removed the dresser mirror from the beautiful wood frame it was in.
2. Cut the wood for the shelf. We used a 1×6 piece of wood in our garage and measured out a 44-inch piece for the shelf and cut it down.
3. Match the shelf to the mirror stain. I used a Minwax stain.
4. Top With Poly Seal. I finished off the shelf with a top coat of poly spray to seal it a little.
5. Attach it to the wall. We hung it over our couch and love how it looks.
Decorate your shelf with your favorite pictures or DIY decor. This is a fun way to change things up for each season too.
After adding a wreath below and a little bit of decor to the shelf, I am in love with how it turned out. For more decorating ideas, visit my blog: https://www.southerncrushathome.com/
You may also want to check out the repurposed headboard I made below: https://www.southerncrushathome.com/repurposed-headboard-garden-sign-with-buffalo-plaid-stencil/