How do I get rid of moles?

+3
What next? Last week I had to pay $90 (senior discount) to have a dead opossum removed that got stuck under my chain link fence. Yuk!!! Now I have a mole digging tunnels right next to my new cement patio & sidewalks. Anybody have any idea how to get rid of these critters without spending a fortune?
  • Beth G Beth G on Jul 19, 2016
    You can buy mole traps for about $20. You set it over a tunnel where you have flattened a part of it and when the mole goes through and redigs that area, he trips the trap and it kills him. You never have to see the dead mole. You just pull up the trap and move it to another tunnel. The dead mole stays underground. So you kill it and bury it at the same time without ever touching or even seeing it.

• Sea8512596 Sea8512596 on Jul 19, 2016
    Moth balls down the holes.

• Tina Honiotes Dierkes Tina Honiotes Dierkes on Jul 19, 2016
    Put an granule insecticide on your lawn. It will kill the food source that is attracting the moles. No bugs no moles. It works.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jul 19, 2016
    Moth balls should not be placed in the holes unless they are wrapped in old panty hose.Moles are a sign of Grubs. Generally grub control should be done twice a year.If you have the lawn treated most likely the moles will vanish.

• I have trapped (then released elsewhere), but they can be mean nasty little guys. I ended up building a small windmill for both my front and back yards. When I purchased my house 15+ years ago, it had been uninhabited for quite some time. I had a gopher and cricket problem that was unreal. Anyway, the store bought versions were too expensive for me so I made my own. Rids you of gophers, voles, moles, you name it. They do not like the vibration and move on. Now I have dogs that romp around enough that they do not want to come back. I didn't want to use chemicals for a number of reasons. Plus every creature has a right to live - just not necessarily in my house or yard! :-)