How (is it even possible?) to get rid of roaches? 😰

+6
  1. I'm elderly so all the cleaning & moving furniture is painful! When I was young, no problem but now? God help me.
  2. Most products that seem to do anything cost the earth!

• Sandra Allen Sandra Allen on Nov 23, 2017
    I hate them too. In Tucson, they were 3" long and came up through the toilet! I say kill them all. This recipe sounds like a winner.

• Grace Bolotte Grace Bolotte on Nov 23, 2017
    Boric asid and powdered sugar. Half and half ( 1 cup BA 1cup PS) spoon into small container like milk tops or bottle caps put them all over your house no place is off limits. Just keep away from pets just in case.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Nov 23, 2017
    Try the roach motels, their made by Scotch Brand, I think. Make sure you get the roach motels. They go inside and bring poison back to the nest, and kill the others

• Kitty Kitty on Nov 23, 2017
    A lot of people still swear by Borax but be careful if you have pets. May have to call in professionals to clean as well as exterminate. Shop around and check to make sure you get people who are trustworthy. Best of luck.

• Fong-Lie Bavelaar Fong-Lie Bavelaar on Nov 23, 2017
    I have been working as home care provider for elderly and handicapped, helped many with this problem.
    You can be very clean, but roaches can come into your house through the walls from neighbors, they travel to where they can find food. I have even seen roaches in a coffee machine, I also did not know the boogers likes coffee.
    A good cleaning there where food is, kitchen. After cleaning I had put Borax on the sides in kitchen cabinets, it did helped.
    See if there are any holes in your ceiling, walls or floor, close them with steel wool.
    Wishing you good luck!

• Dec28373036 Dec28373036 on Nov 23, 2017
      Thank you for your help. I will look for holes & try to keep food where they can't use it.

• Mogie Mogie on Nov 23, 2017
    My dad has a problem with this too. Since he is getting older he doesn't clean very well. Don't know if it is eye sight getting worse or his inability to reach things. First time to do is determine why you have a problem now. That needs to be addressed. Keep all food in the kitchen and dining room areas only! My dad leaves a trail of crumbs and then can't figure out why he has bugs.

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm hoping to get this under control ASAP!

• Valeria Inman Valeria Inman on Mar 25, 2021

First of all I keep all counters and stove clean. I keep my dishes washed. Still I would see one or two from time to time. One day I noticed one coming through the electrical outlet. I went to Walmart, bought some of those plastic plugs that keep little kids from sticking stuff in the outlet. I plugged them in every unoccupied electrical socket, and voila, I haven’t seen one since. Don’t know how or if it would work in a house, but it worked in my apartment.