Rocks around the house.

+2
Can I add weed killer new plastic and more rocks around? Thanks

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Jan 03, 2018
    If you are asking if you can put new plastic down after using weed killer, then add rocks on top. Yes you can, but according to several articles, the plastic itself will kill the weeds because you are stopping the light from reaching them. They must have light to live. Click on the article below to see if that will help.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 03, 2018
    I guess you could, but personally I would leave putting down the plastic until
    the weeds are dead.

• Dfm Dfm on Jan 03, 2018
    if you have weed killer.read all instructions-new .plastic only if it’s black. Any clear plastic will act like a micro green house instead of killing weeds. I would put a layer of sand down you can use the sand to anchor the rocks ie keep them from shifting.

black plastic warms the soil, and will kill off weeds.

• Skip the toxic weed killer and use vinegar, but not absolutely necessary. Then put down landscape fabric, newspapers or cardboard, (which will smother the weeds) then your mulch or rocks. Lack of light alone will kill the weeds.