Whats a good way to get ants out of basement black or brown ones

+2
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jan 08, 2018
    From personal experience, a product called diatomaceous earth is great for this. You sprinkle it around the perimeter where they come in. It isn't poison, but, will irritate your lungs if you aren't careful not to create dust with it, because you don't want to inhale it. This is what I'm talking about: https://smile.amazon.com/Harris-Diatomaceous-Earth-Powder-Duster/dp/B0728JL9SQ/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515463761&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=diactemous+earth

• Sharon Sharon on Jan 08, 2018
    Are these carpenter ants? if so .... they will eat your house, call exterminator. If they are the tiny ants, I would run a line of borax along the foundation outside if its dry. I spray the outside of my foundation 2x a year in spring and fall with a termite & carpenter ant spray as they are common in Oregon. The stuff is toxic, so I wear gloves and a mask, it comes in a pump spray bottle from True Value. I also do around doors, thresholds, and even low windows. Must say since I started doing this, I rarely get any and also no spiders. Inside I use EcoSmart or Victor's natural ant spray, works great, kills em dead on contact, and the residue repels them.

• Judy Judy on Jan 08, 2018
    Sprinkle salt on the baseboard going into the basement. Be sure it is clean first, before you put the salt down. Also, the ants are looking for a place to inhabit for these seasons of winter too. Be alert to any cracks in the cement, or bricks, to invade your home with. Go around and check your walls, for cracks, or windows that are NOT shut all the way. For this will give them the invading area. Best wishes, J.

• C.B. C.B. on Jan 08, 2018
    Here' a recently posted recipe for getting rid of ants:
    2 Cups Distilled Vinegar, 2 Cups Water, 3 Tablespoons Dawn Dish Soap, 3 Tablespoons Salt & 1 spray bottle. Comb9ne all ingredients in the spray bottle, shake well & spray! NOTE: This is pet safe!