What house color is good, when fence is tiffany blue with black trim?

+17

My house is tan with white trim and brick veneer. The fence is tiffany blue with black posts. I like to paint the house trim black, but I'm stumped as to what color for the house that would go with the fence. Help, any ideas?

q what house color is good when fence is tiffany blue with black trim
  • GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Oct 14, 2021

That fence is such a pretty color I'm wondering if a lighter / grayer shade might be a nice compliment (but not too much) on the house. You could also go with a darker shade but it wouldn't pop out your black trim quite as much.

• I agree. A light gray or even white may be a good choice.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Oct 14, 2021

a cream color would look nice or a grey/beige color

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Oct 14, 2021

Grayish, maybe match the color of the mortar in between the bricks.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on Oct 14, 2021

I would paint the house white.

• Judy in Canton. Judy in Canton. on Oct 14, 2021

The fence is considered a temporary structure. With that in mind I would leave the house the color it is and paint the fence black. You could bring color with hanging pots or a flower box.

• Mogie Mogie on Oct 14, 2021

A off white would look good with the black trim and blue fence. But I love high constrast.

• Janice Janice on Oct 14, 2021

A soft grey for the main portion of the house would be beautiful. I'd likely paint the trim white so as not to make the home look smaller. Then just a couple of black accents (perhaps around the windows) to tie the black fence posts with the home.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 14, 2021

Hi Heidi: I think I'd paint the fence. Less work and easier than painting an entire house, which is quite an undertaking :) You just don't go slapping paint on, there is a lot of preparation before hand to make a job that lasts. I don't want to dissuade you, but do consider the amount of work involved. That is a beautiful colour on the fence. I think I'd pant the trim a brown or tan to compliment the home and then paint the fence the same colour so it will blend in and not shout "FENCE!" or "TRIM" at everyone :) Subtle is better, however there is a few houses in my neighbourhood that are colourful, one bright yellow and one bright blue! Very nice, but older 2 story homes. The fence will, eventually, fail and you will have to put something up to replace it, so I think I'd deal with the colour of that instead of the entire house. JMHO

Good luck

• Em Em on Oct 14, 2021

Every single person will pick what THEY like. Pick what you like. Stumped-tape colors of paper to the area and stand back and look. MANY people also have NO SENSE OF COLOR at all. You have a beautiful color in the fence. The black goes with anything. You don't want the color of your house to FIGHT with the pop of color you already have (which I love) so go with a beige or very soft grey. Two neutrals. Look at siding sites on line. Some allow you to upload a picture of your house and change colors on the screen by picking points and changing color choices.

• Heidi Sue Heidi Sue on Oct 14, 2021

Thank you for all your suggestions, very helpful. I was leaning towards a light gray for the house. Its a lot of work, but I think it would be a clean new look. I already have plans for flower planters on the fence, French Lavender.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Oct 14, 2021

Hello It’s a personal choice and should be your decision

Asking this community board might reveal various opinions due to different personal aesthetics or preferences.

I would paint the fence a less flashy color —-if it were my situation.

Right now imho the fence is distracting and fighting..taking away from the homes curb appeal. If you like that turquoise color it might be used as a front door or shutter accent color.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Oct 14, 2021

Hi, It might be easier to change the colour of the fence to the colour of the house or Black!

• I would go with a neutral, such as white or light gray.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 15, 2021

House with a pale gray, trim in black, and the fence should make a nice accent.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Oct 15, 2021

By following the simple steps after uploading a picture of your house on this Paint Visualizer, you can see what it might look like in different colors.

https://www.dulux.ca/diy/colour/paint-colour-visualizer

You might need to take a better picture - one that shows your house walls and the fence only, and not one with the trash can and the truck in the forefront, or one showing so much driveway.

• Simple Nature Decor Simple Nature Decor on Oct 19, 2021

a neutral color would go with anything

• Robin Czaikowski Robin Czaikowski on Oct 22, 2021

I'd say gray for the house. My house is gray and I'm tired of black shudders, so I'm going with a similar color of fish story a similar color to your fence.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Oct 31, 2021

i would paint house different color