How do I find out what this is?


I can't figure out who to ask. Can you guys help?

q how do i found out what this is
q how do i found out what this is
q how do i found out what this is
  8 answers
  • Janice Janice on Oct 03, 2018

    More info is needed. Is this a design on a piece of pottery or china and you're looking for the name of the design? Or something else?

  • Arekaybee Arekaybee on Oct 03, 2018

    looks like it may be a tea mug from China or Japan. I guess I want to know everything. What does it say, where is it from, what it is used for, basically, what is it?

  • Turn it over and look on the bottom or back of the piece. Most times there are identifying production marks or info.

  • C Crow C Crow on Oct 03, 2018

    You might try an Asian market to see if anyone there can read the writing for you.

  • Oliva Oliva on Oct 03, 2018

    Follow Naomie's advice. Once you've found the mark, take a photo and upload on google to search for reverse image. Alternatively, there are web sites with manufacturers' marks, but locating the exact one you seek can be time consuming.

  • Cheryl Cheryl on Oct 03, 2018

    Looks like Blue Willow pattern. Designs vary , and tell stories.....yours looks more elaborate than others. Google it, and check images.

  • Dfm Dfm on Oct 05, 2018

    it most likely transfer ware, very popular with the service men in world war 2- made very inexpensively, they bought it as souvenirs for their honey's back home. blue willow is just one pattern. I can't tell from the picture, if the pic is blurry, or the transfer on the dish is blurry...but the cup being blurry would be correct to the period. my dad served in www 2 he brought home a few pieces of the transfer ware.

  • Arkaybee, are you looking to sell it, or just would like to identify it?