OH Please Help me with my bathroom dilemma ?

+11

Master bath toilet area with floating sink.

The wall!😫😫😫😫.

I do not have the money (Unemployed and not receiving unemployment benefits) to hire a drywall person to fix this area.

Orange texture in a can is not going to fix/hide the edges.

I could tile, just above and below the sink, but $$ and I would have to incorporate that tile elsewhere within the bath area to be cohesive.

Home in foreclosure, I need to sell.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

oh please help me with my bathroom dilemma
  • Dee Dee on Apr 22, 2022

Smooth out the wall by lightly sanding. Homax makes many different textures. I have used it all over the house with drywall repairs. You can get it at lowes.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 22, 2022

LOOK FOR SECONDHAND OR MIX AND MATCH TILES OF MANY SORTS TO FILL THE AREA.

• The edges still need more joint compound. Between that and more sanding, this should smooth-out.

• William William on Apr 22, 2022

The seams need more drywall compound. Then sand the area with medium grit sandpaper as smooth as you can. Then just prime and paint.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 22, 2022

If you are going to put a new floating sink in it's place, add a skirt to the sink to hide it. That will hide imperfections and variations on the texture. Get it as close as you can by sanding and then adding a textured drywall mud. Paint the entire area in a light neutral which will also make any differences less noticeable.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 22, 2022

Use drywall compound and fill in the spaces, sand with med grit sand paper when dry and then prime and paint.

• Janice Janice on Apr 22, 2022

You can make the area look much better by adding drywall compound and sanding and painting. It will be the easiest, least time consuming, and most inexpensive fix.

• Betsy Betsy on Apr 22, 2022

Hi Isabel: Try looking for products at Habitat for Humanity: https://www.habitat.org/restores scroll down to the rose coloured part where it says to find your local store and stick in your zip code. I wouldn't worry about it looking cohesive, whomever buys it will, most likely, tear it out and re-do it the way they want it. You may be able to sand the area around the pipes to be smooth and then wallpaper that area and paint the other 3 walls. And, you can get a cheap carpet to put on the floor that will take care of the edges. You can get mis-tinted paint and wallpaper fairly cheap at the home improvement store or at the Habitat Restore.

Good luck

• Mogie Mogie on Apr 22, 2022

Sand it as flat as possible and then put bead board on or simply a good coat of primer and paint your color of choice.

• Cheryl A Cheryl A on Apr 23, 2022

you could use peel and stick tiles they are inexpensive

• Annie Annie on Apr 23, 2022

I would buy a small bucket of drywall mud and a sanding block. You should be able to feather the mud out to hide the seams…. Probably the cheapest way

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Apr 30, 2022

use compound to seal all off

• Looks like you just need to build up more layers of joint compound then sand, prime and paint. If you want to tile or need materials, try a Habitat ReStore, the free section of Craigslist, or your local Buy Nothing Facebook group.

• It seems that the edges still need more joint compound. You can smooth out the wall by lightly sanding.