Fall Painted Neutral Pumpkins

Hey y'all...I hope you are doing well in your neck of the woods. I have extended my stay at the lake a little bit longer. It is so peaceful and quiet here that I am able to get more work done than I would back in the city. I will pack up and head home tomorrow with a carload of projects that I have created.
Like these fall painted neutral pumpkins. I try really hard to keep budget in mind when I decorate whether it be a craft or redoing an entire room. This project is no different. I wanted to make a Fall display for the coffee table. Yesterday I made a visit to the local thrift store where I was able to purchase 2 bags of these plastic pumpkins for just $2.oo. I was surprised at all of the Fall decor items they had for very little money. These pumpkins and gourds would have sold in the store for upwards of $6.00 per bag.
As you can see they are very shiny and definitely plastic looking. I decided to paint them in a creamy chalk paint color. I also added a spritz of burnt orange and umber to give a bit of dimension. I watered down the paint quite a bit. Then using a toothbrush - like the free one from the dentist - I dipped it into the paint ...
...and spritzed each painted mini-pumpkin.
I knew I was going to use this treasured antique wooden bowl as my centerpiece container. I purchased this years ago from an elderly gentleman whose father had made it. The selling price was $3.00. I tried to give the man more money but he wouldn't take it. He was thrilled that I loved it so much.
I went for a walk in the neighborhood and collected some natural elements for the centerpiece. I also had some faux berries from an old wreath that I used.
Before using acorns you want to be sure that there aren't any critters living inside of them. I typically bake mine in the oven with great results. I preheat the oven to 250 degrees. I then turn the oven off and place the acorns on a baking sheet and place it in the oven until the oven is cool.
I had most of the materials on-hand so this project was very inexpensive to create...approximately $3.00 total!
Take a walk outside and you might be surprised at what you can find. Pretty fallen leaves, pecans, pinecones, berries, acorns, rocks, twigs or thistle. The possibilities are endless and these items are all free!
Are you doing any decorating for Fall yet? We would love to hear what you are up to.

2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

• Jill Carpenter

Yes! small orange prickly balls! Chestnuts you say. What kind, where does one find them? Did you dye them? I love my Pacific NorthWest but some of these neat naturals don't seem to be found here. Like chestnuts, acorns etc.

• Cindy Nelson

I love the spatter paint on your painted gourds and pumpkins. Wonderful arrangement!