DIY Rustic Wood Tray

This project started out as a pile of old bed slats. Luckily my son knows me well enough to know not get rid of old wood so when he was disassembling his old bed when he got a new one, I got a nice stack of 1 x 3's!
They sat in the wood pile in the basement until it was time for our monthly Power Tool Challenge.
I took four of the slats and cut them all down to 22". I glued them together with wood glue.
Then I cut two more pieces of the 1 x 3's to fit the length of the four glued-together boards and glued them onto the ends of the tray.
I found two handles that were leftover from another project that would work perfectly for this tray.
But before attaching the handles, I gave the tray a quick white wash with watered down white latex paint.
After some sanding and waxing, the handles were added. I just adore this rustic wooden tray! See more photos and detailed instructions at http://createandbabble.com/how-to-make-a-rustic-wooden-tray/

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Jeanie