Desk Flip - September FFFC Geometric Design Contest

$10.00

This month's Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest is sponsored by General Finishes. They donated a quart of milk paint for my project. The winner of the contest gets a full case of General Finishes product in quarts or pints!
desk flip september fffc geometric design contest, decoupage, painted furniture
I'll never get over how you can take a piece of throw away furniture and turn it into a show piece. As long as it is sturdy and you can pick up a can of spray paint, you've got possibilities.
This is the before picture of the desk - I found it alongside of the road and decided to flip it for this contest. The contest required a geometric design of some sort, so when my girls and I were out we found a lime green chevron duck fabric that would be a great contrast to the Coastal Blue milk paint from General Finishes.
After a good coat of primer, I spray painted it bisque ivory and painted the top and one side with the navy blue milk paint.
The milk paint was very nice to work with and gave a smooth soft sheen. I could tell it was a good quality paint.
I cut three equal pieces and Mod Podged the fabric onto the drawers. It went on very easily - I made sure the pattern jived as I cut the pieces.
The hardware came from Hobby Lobby during their 50% off sale.
To add a bit of whimsy, I painted the sides of the drawers.
The Coastal Blue milk paint was a good contrast to the lime green chevron. I had considered selling this desk when I finished it, but once it was done there is no way I can part with it. The transformation was mind boggling.
To see more pictures and read about the details, or if you are interested in knowing how you can be a part of the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest visit the link below:
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}