Beautiful, Large Angel Wings...make Them for Next to Nothing!

Aren't these angel wings beautiful?! You won't believe what they are made out of! I wanted a pair of these and I knew cutting out a zillion little wood pieces would be crazy,.... and I didn't want to spend a fortune!
The first step in making my own pair was to get some strong cardboard. I used an appliance box. By using this, the cardboard was stronger and big enough for a project of this size.
Hand drawing the wings on paper is the hardest part. Fold the paper in half so your wings mirror each other. Then use them to trace all the cardboard pieces you will need.
Once the cardboard wings are glued together, it's time to paper mache them! You can google paper mache recipes if you're unsure of how to make it. After that step is complete, you can paint the wings. You can use any paint. The one I used it shown in the picture above.
At this point, your wings should start to look somewhat like the picture above, and you can start to see all your hard work pay off. To finish up, use some wood sheen to go over the wings. It's up to you how much you use, although I suggest using more around all of the edges. I think the wood sheen makes all the difference.
I'll be honest, making these wings takes some time, but you can make them for around $10! Which is incredible for such a big, beautiful piece of art!

Creatively Living

• Snehtyagi

old t shirts and shirts diy use ?

• Kim31535024

what are the wings made of? 😊
    • Rhonda Teris

See above...

"The first step in making my own pair was to get some strong cardboard. I used an appliance box. By using this, the cardboard was stronger and big enough for a project of this size."

• Georgina

Absolutely Beautiful, most definitely going to try project, thank you for sharing , Quite Lovely!!!

• Lydia Anderson

Wow. I was getting ready to submit my online order from a very popular decorating site for a light medal set of angel wings. They were going to cost me around $79! I need not look any further. Plus they weren't quite the color I wanted. Thank you for this great idea!