Junk Room to Craft Room Makeover

When I'd had enough of my all-in-one junk room where I used to toss anything that didn't have a place, I decided it was time for a craft room makeover!
junk room to craft room makeover, craft rooms
My main inspiration for this room was a rooster table I bought at auction for $75. Being double sided, it's the perfect craft table that is also waist high and great for standing and crafting! I got busy sanding and painting..
And transformed it for my makeover!
I backed my shelves with fabric to add some pattern and color to the room.
I also made a sign with vinyl and chalk paint for a reading area I added to the corner of the room.
I added a few bins for organization and some pretty touches from Hobby Lobby.
The perfect place to craft and hang out - the ultimate "mom cave".
Reasons To Skip The Housework

• Debbie

Do you know how big your room is ..I have that same room that I craft in and where everything else goes that doesn't have a home. My daughter also has a kitchen island she is getting rid of lightbulb moment thanks your room looks great. I call my room my studio since I do all sorts of things in it

• Laurie

I just moved and have a couple vans full of crafting materials and tools. I am working on my plan before I unload. Your room is a dream. But.... does it really hold all your stuff?

• Ellen

What an enviable room! I wish you many creative hours there!

• Sherry Fram

Looks awesome and now I have craft room envy!!! Love all the different storage options you have and all the touches of whimsy! Job very well done!