Dollar Store Christmas Ornament

When I am on the hunt for craft supplies, I always check out the wedding section of craft stores, or dollar stores, to find items that can be used for something other than what they were originally intended for.
Every time I saw these little spoons at the dollar store, I knew that I wanted to come up with a craft idea to use them in, and since I love angels I tired to make one.
A few more materials and you can start whipping out your angel ornaments. You could substitute feathers for wings and pipe cleaners for arms and a halo. The twine and spoons were from the Dollar Tree, the lace ribbon for Target and the Holly Picks from Hobby Lobby.
A 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch piece of fabric is all you need to make the rag gown.
I used a wire evergreen stick to hang the angel from so that the lace wings had something to keep them in place and so that they would appear to be floating.
I know it is a very stylized and simple angel, but I wanted it to have a "Prim" feel to it and am happy with the way it turned out. And they are easy and affordable to make. I hope I have inspired you to give them a try!

Patina Paradise