Turquoise Pendants Light- How to Dye Light Shades #DIY

$0-3
10

I love our current house but there are things that I don't love about it, especially the builder's grade fixtures. They are plain and boring. I have always wanted to have fun colored pendants lights over my bar but when I went to the store to look for some, they were over $30 each. So instead of buying some, I decided that I would dye them and they turned out AWESOME!! Plus, it only cost me $3 to do.
Here they are before, so boring and plain. I took the light shades off of the pendants.
Then I made a special turquoise "stain" for the light shade and using a foam brush put it onto the light shade. You will have to come over to my blog to see what I used for the stain, trust me, you will not believe what it is and chances are you already have the stuff in your house!
I put the stain on both sides of the pendants and let them dry.
I put them back onto the pendants and they look so cool! When they dry they dry clear with a tint of turquoise.
And here is how they look in my kitchen, I love them! We did these back in September (two months ago) and they still look great!! Make sure to check out my blog post for all the details and see what the pendant lights look like a year later! And what the rest of my kitchen looks like (we have updated it since then too!).

Kaysi Gardner

• Katherine

I no longer wanted to use my builder grade chandelier in the house so I decided to use it for plants in the garden. I painted my globes (which look just like yours) with aqua spray paint. I only painted the outside and with a very thin coat of paint. They’ve held up beautifully especially considering they’ve been outside year-round for about 5 years.

• Sue

Wow, that is so easy to do. So just a light spray coat on the shades?

• Dorothea
    1 minute ago

OK, so how do I find your blog?