Turquoise Pendants Light- How to Dye Light Shades #DIY

$0-3
10

I love our current house but there are things that I don't love about it, especially the builder's grade fixtures. They are plain and boring. I have always wanted to have fun colored pendants lights over my bar but when I went to the store to look for some, they were over $30 each. So instead of buying some, I decided that I would dye them and they turned out AWESOME!! Plus, it only cost me $3 to do.
Here they are before, so boring and plain. I took the light shades off of the pendants.
Then I made a special turquoise "stain" for the light shade and using a foam brush put it onto the light shade. You will have to come over to my blog to see what I used for the stain, trust me, you will not believe what it is and chances are you already have the stuff in your house!
I put the stain on both sides of the pendants and let them dry.
I put them back onto the pendants and they look so cool! When they dry they dry clear with a tint of turquoise.
And here is how they look in my kitchen, I love them! We did these back in September (two months ago) and they still look great!! Make sure to check out my blog post for all the details and see what the pendant lights look like a year later! And what the rest of my kitchen looks like (we have updated it since then too!).

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Kaysi Gardner