Turquoise Pendants Light- How to Dye Light Shades #DIY

$0-3
10

I love our current house but there are things that I don't love about it, especially the builder's grade fixtures. They are plain and boring. I have always wanted to have fun colored pendants lights over my bar but when I went to the store to look for some, they were over $30 each. So instead of buying some, I decided that I would dye them and they turned out AWESOME!! Plus, it only cost me $3 to do.
Here they are before, so boring and plain. I took the light shades off of the pendants.
Then I made a special turquoise "stain" for the light shade and using a foam brush put it onto the light shade. You will have to come over to my blog to see what I used for the stain, trust me, you will not believe what it is and chances are you already have the stuff in your house!
I put the stain on both sides of the pendants and let them dry.
I put them back onto the pendants and they look so cool! When they dry they dry clear with a tint of turquoise.
And here is how they look in my kitchen, I love them! We did these back in September (two months ago) and they still look great!! Make sure to check out my blog post for all the details and see what the pendant lights look like a year later! And what the rest of my kitchen looks like (we have updated it since then too!).

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Kaysi Gardner

• Jan Moore
    Jan Moore

Do you think this could be done on milk glass covers?

• BenFranklin methodologist
      BenFranklin methodologist

Yes, no problem! It will be more opaque because you are starting out with milk glass versus the more translucent foggy glass. Try & dilute your paint to help make your results look lighter!

• Joan Harten
    Joan Harten

How did it affect the light quality/

• BenFranklin methodologist
      BenFranklin methodologist

It seems there would be a “cooler” light appearance than a bright white, or golden glow with old bulbs. Just so you don’t try it on a reading lamp! LOL!

• Tin48618840
    Tin48618840

Does the it peel when you need to clean them