DIY Alternative Christmas Tree

Every year, I try to create an alternative tree for Christmas. I think it’s because we live in country where December typically is sweltering and snowflakes and fir trees just don’t make sense to me under the circumstances!
I really had to dig deep to come up with something different this year, but I have to admit that I am thrilled with the result!
We have long since sung the praised of both the teepee and pennygum, and in this project the 2 come together to produce and impressive tree that smells great as well.
I constructed a basic teepee frame with 6 pieces of bamboo, all 2m long, and then fixed pennygum branches to it with twine. It was really simple and quick to make, and what I love about it most, is that although it’s quite big, it doesn’t appear to be this heavy thing in the corner.
Click here for the video! https://youtu.be/Yq6XMOuejXI
I chose to adorn the folliage with a collection of white, wood and silver ornaments instead of going colourful. The lovely green-grey leaves are already such a beautifully soft colour that I didn’t want any other colours to compete with it.
I made the white clay hearts and stars with the printed wishes on them for our tree a few years ago. It’s as simple as rolling out the air dry clay and using a cookie cutter to create the hearts and stars. Remember to make a small hole for the string! Use a stamp to create the personal wishes and allow to dry before you string them up!
For the full step-by-step tutorial, visit the post!

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Homeology.co.za

• Renee Galant
    Renee Galant

Going to try this on a small scale, tiny house 😊

• Aoife O'Sullivan
    Aoife O'Sullivan

This is so creative and beautiful.

Just wondering how long this fresh leaves lasted? Did they dry out in a nice dried flower sort of way or was it more like wilting?

• Homeology.co.za
      Homeology.co.za

Thanks for your comment! They stayed fresh for about 2 weeks, which is remarkable considering we live in the Southern Hemisphere and it was an incredibly hot summer Christmas! In a cool climate, I would expect them to last much longer. Have fun with your tree!