Up - Cycled Wooden Crates

$30

When creating Sebastian's Transport Inspired Big Boys Room one of the things I did was 'up cycle' so to speak four wooden crates for toy and book storage. Now there was nothing wrong with these crates, in fact I scored them for a bargain. They were just boring. Plain timber boring. However, nothing that I didn't think a coat of paint, some love and care, a bit of rope and creativity couldn't handle.
up cycled wooden crates, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
First things first, they needed a change in colour, boring wood was not going to cut it (at least not for the vision I had in mind). I started with a base of white both inside and outside to lighten, brighten and freshen them up.
Next it was on to being creative (marginally). I settled on triangles and came up with a bit of a pattern, nothing hugely complicated, just simple and easy.
Armed with a pencil, for drawing the pattern; some masking tape, for the main edges; my colour of choice (Lake Coleridge - such a bright, vibrant blue) and a couple of brushes, I set out to paint my chosen pattern on the sides.
Once dry I added some rope handles to the crates. And there you have it, four completely revamped, up cycled crates now perfect for storing toys and books in a two year olds room!
To see more photos and the full post head on over to the blog :-)

Lydia @ Always Made With Love

• Karen Pullen

Love them! How about adding wheels to them as well and add pull ropes with big ball knobs and, maybe, some way to hook them together?

• Lisa House

Very cute