Rustic Necklace Display

At the end of the summer, I stumbled across this old letter tray at the flea market. I loved the patina and that it was a little different than the classic printers trays you see most often. The compartments are obviously too small to be much help if stored flat, but... on the wall with some hooks... booya. Necklace storage for days. I've already considered adding more of these jadeite knobs to hold more
rustic necklace display, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas

Rustic printing tray as necklace display, er... storage!

This was how it looked when I got it. Pretty dirty, but cool. So cool.
First, I scrubbed the tray with a mild solution of soap and water to get the dust and grime off. And then I went over it with this magic material (affiliate) and I was ready to transform!
I measured and drilled a bunch of holes.
And voila! I love how these lovely glass knobs look against the rustic wood of the thrifted tray. I kept the old labels right where they were so this storage is vintage and SO useful.
Stop by my blog and say hi! At Charlotte's House
At Charlotte's House

• Laura Reynolds

Love the find, too! I'm wondering what other repurposes this find has.....

• Joan Morris

Great idea! My mother had bought me one years ago for my birthday. I hung it and thru the years i have found little things that were my kids, memories of places i have been, and little trinkets that just fit in the slots. It reminds me of her and many other happy memories...