Upcycled Entertainment Center Converted to Pantry

$200

We purchased fixer-upper home earlier this year. Now I have a little confession to make… the last two places we’ve lived since getting married (and getting all that awesome stuff for your kitchen off your registry), I’ve had huge… massive…amazing…kitchens. I don’t know how I was so lucky to score with the two rentals.
In both houses and I had tons of cabinets. To be honest, I didn’t even fill them all. I had a separate pantry that fit all of our food and more. When we moved into our house, I knew we were downsizing. I knew it was smaller and I knew the kitchen was going to be a tough cookie. For the first month or two a lot of kitchen stuff wasn’t entirely unpacked, but the more boxes I found labeled “Kitchen”, the more worried I became.
The most frustrating part of all was the pantry space… or lack thereof. See this picture above… Now look at that cabinet to the right the fridge. I was expected to fit ALL of our food in there. It was just not happening. It was way too skinny and deep. I couldn’t see anything in the back. I was going crazy. Until it dawned on me…. none of the cabinets in our kitchen were going to work for a pantry. It just wasn’t happening. I needed to think outside of the box. We thought about converting the closet into a pantry and quickly decided that was a horrible idea because we desperately needed that storage space. Then I realized that I had blank wall space next to the existing “pantry cabinet”. We had our coffee bar there, but weren’t planning on keeping it there for long. I measured the space and started to keep my eye out for something that would work and a few weeks later I came across this bad boy at the thrift store.
Check out the blog post (link below) to see how to converted this entertainment center into a pantry and extra cabinet space!!

Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

• Ok this is just fantastic! The so called "pantry" in my house is almost identical to yours - except that I lack floor space for a unit like this. The shopping gods were watching over you when you scored this piece and you fixed it up beautifully. Great job! Thanks for sharing with us. ❤🐶🐕🐩
  • Cynthia Carroll Hall

My husband and I had an old solid wood corner entertainment cabinet which was on rollers and easy to move. I convinced him to cut the top off, then painted it dark gray, with cooper accents. It is perfect for our large TV and other components and has extra storage for pottery and such. I maybe should have used a lighter gray, only because the dark gray does show the dust more. LOL (so don't look to close) Here is a picture of the finished product. The original piece was huge and would only take a much smaller TV.