Tile backsplash when there is existing countertop backsplash

+72
We are thinking about how to add a backsplash to our kitchen. Unfortunately when we had our countertops installed we ordered a small backsplash that comes part way up the wall. I am not sure how I feel about adding subway tile or another tile to the wall if it is going to come down and meet the existing black backsplash. So, do I keep the wall bare like it is, tile the way it is and meet the black backsplash with another tile, or can I take out the counter backsplash that is there? What do you think?
q tile backsplash when there is existing countertop backsplash, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, Here you can see the amount of space available to tile if I left the current backsplash intact
Here you can see the amount of space available to tile if I left the current backsplash intact.
q tile backsplash when there is existing countertop backsplash, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, Trying to decide if I can tile the wall as it is now
Trying to decide if I can tile the wall as it is now.