Hanging Mason Jar Craft Supply Storage

$30

My craft room / office desk and table were getting SO very cluttered that I had to come up with a better craft supply storage solution pronto! When a group of Canadian bloggers and I started up a monthly DIY challenge for 2016 and the first theme was MASON JARS, I knew instantly what I wanted to do. I created some hanging mason jar craft supply storage!
Don't my craft supplies look so cute in these mason jars hung above my desk? Even better, they're off my desks and tables so that I have more room to work. YEAH!
To make this storage solution, I found pipe clamps that fit around some mason jars.
Next, I spaced them evenly on a piece of 2 x 6 MDF, and drilled them in place.
Finally, I mounted the whole thing to my craft room wall.
I put mason jars inside the pipe clamps, and tightened the clamps to secure the jars. I hung some jars upside down...
... and put lids with holes on them so that I could easily pull out yarn or string as needed.
Isn't it so fun and practical too? Search for the hashtag to see my blogging friends' mason jar crafts this month, and check my blog next week for my FULL craft room storage & art wall reveal!
For more details & instructions on this mason jar storage project, please visit my blog post.

15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Christina Dennis

• Michelle Perram
    Michelle Perram

I’ve made these before but have had trouble drilling the holes. I even broke a drill bit, and the hardware guy assured me that it was the right bit for the job. Do you think nailing the clamps would work as well?

• Fly
      Fly

You will need a metal drill bit and go slowly.

• Fly
    Fly

What size of adjustable clamp did you use?

• Marguerite Shipley
    Marguerite Shipley

What are the strips of ribbon hanging on? I did a similar idea with fishing line to hand some of my costume jewelry, but it didn't go well. I also used a type of wire, and that was a nightmare. Lol

• SnowKnitty
    SnowKnitty

Ball brand also sells plastic lids for mason jars. I like them because the lid is one part (versus a band plus a lid) and doesn't come apart when I open the jars. They aren't good for everything though as they do not form a water-proof seal like the metal bands and lids! I have not tried to drill through them yet. But the plastic seems like it would hold up to that as long as you place the plastic flat against a piece of wood for support during drilling. Perhaps a soldering iron would make a smooth hole through the plastic too. Please post if you try it!

• Deb Davis
      Deb Davis

Interesting! I saw someone use a hot melt glue gun to make a hole through plastic - works great and doesn’t mess up your glue gun either! After cooling down, just peel any leftover plastic off. It was a very neat and very smooth opening.

• Alice
    Alice

Absolutely, everything looks so clean n organized.