From Dresser Drawers to Video Game Storage

As a mom of six kids I am always looking for great ways to organize their stuff, and tripping over video game guys, cases, and remotes is what kicked this project into high gear. I was tired of the mess and ready to find a solution. It also happened that my boys were tired of an old dresser that I had gotten for free off of craig's list, they wanted it gone, but instead of getting rid of it I took out the drawers and inspiration struck. These drawers were going to solve my problem!
from dresser drawers to video game storage, diy, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas, woodworking projects
Here is the old dresser that I took 4 drawers from to make the cabinet.
First I had to trim the excess off of the drawers, so I marked them and used my circular saw to cut it off.
I glued and nailed the trimmed drawers together, and then added wood to the top and bottom so I could attach trim.
I used a cedar board and cut shelves and drilled pocket holes for attaching them inside the drawers. After adding the trim and some doors I stained the whole thing and was done!
Now it can store all my kids video game guys and games and even movies! It is perfect!
It is only 7 1/2'' deep so it hardly takes up any space! The best part? I am no longer tripping over stuff!
For the full tutorial see my blog post!

Mindi @ MyLove2Create.com

• Cam8018499

i love when people repurpose their junk to fabulous, that was cleaver, and sheik.
  • Dmotan

Please attach to wall so it cannot tip over.