From Dresser Drawers to Video Game Storage

As a mom of six kids I am always looking for great ways to organize their stuff, and tripping over video game guys, cases, and remotes is what kicked this project into high gear. I was tired of the mess and ready to find a solution. It also happened that my boys were tired of an old dresser that I had gotten for free off of craig's list, they wanted it gone, but instead of getting rid of it I took out the drawers and inspiration struck. These drawers were going to solve my problem!
Here is the old dresser that I took 4 drawers from to make the cabinet.
First I had to trim the excess off of the drawers, so I marked them and used my circular saw to cut it off.
I glued and nailed the trimmed drawers together, and then added wood to the top and bottom so I could attach trim.
I used a cedar board and cut shelves and drilled pocket holes for attaching them inside the drawers. After adding the trim and some doors I stained the whole thing and was done!
Now it can store all my kids video game guys and games and even movies! It is perfect!
It is only 7 1/2'' deep so it hardly takes up any space! The best part? I am no longer tripping over stuff!
For the full tutorial see my blog post!

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Mindi @ MyLove2Create.com

• Cam8018499
    Cam8018499

i love when people repurpose their junk to fabulous, that was cleaver, and sheik.
  • Dmotan
    Dmotan

Please attach to wall so it cannot tip over.