Pretty Hangers for Our Newly Organized Coat Closet

$6

I believe strongly in the idea that making an organized space pretty motivates you to keep it organized, so when I tackled a major coat closet makeover recently, I decided to add a few pretty DIY details, including some cheerful painted hangers.
Wood hangers make a great choice for a coat closet because they are super sturdy for heavy coats and jackets. I invested in a set of wooden hangers when we first moved into our home, and they've held up great. So much better than the the hodgepodge of wire and plastic hangers that I used to use, which often wound up bent or broken under the weight of our coats.
But despite the functionality of our wood hangers, I didn't love the way they looked with our brand new coat closet system. There were just too many different colors of wood going on in the space.
If you're rolling your eyes at me right now, that's ok. I know it's a super picky little thing. Which is exactly why I couldn't justify spending the money to replace all of the hangers with the chic chrome ones I really wanted. But I could afford a can of $3 spray paint...so the wood hangers got a makeover!
It only took me about 5 minutes to paint the hangers... but one word of warning, painting hangers at dusk on your front lawn will get you weird looks from neighbors and dog walkers!
But it was 5 minutes well spent, because I love the way the pretty blue hangers look in our newly organized coat closet!
Be sure to head over to my blog post to see our fully organized coat closet reveal and to read all of my 7 TIPS FOR AN ORGANIZED COAT CLOSET THAT WORKS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Angela, Blue i Style

• Debbie Green
    Debbie Green

Any chance of the paint coming off on the clothes?
    • Mara
      Mara

It all depends on how thoroughly you clean and prep the hangers before painting. Any oily hand prints on wooden hangers? Paint will rub off! Sorry.

• Donna
    Donna

Great idea! Having color helps to identify. I used a different color for each child. No more asking Is this mine?
  • Gva28051696
    Gva28051696

I'm curious, I have limited closet space and couldn't use those hangers. I'm wondering how many can? I use the slim, flocked velv et ones that are great. Clothes stay on them quite well. I do love how you used the turquoise paint on the wooden hangers. It would be fun to use them.
    • Mara
      Mara

Flocked hangers are manufactured in many different colors. I love these hangers. I use only beige.

• Deux Corgis
    Deux Corgis

Yes!

• Joanie
    Joanie

Great idea!! I think I may have a few wooden hangers, enough to try this. Since most of my guests are older, I leave complimentary depends in the bathroom, with extra wipes. Also.....for grand  babies, pampers and wipes. You'd be surprised HOW much appreciation these are.