Pretty Hangers for Our Newly Organized Coat Closet

$6

I believe strongly in the idea that making an organized space pretty motivates you to keep it organized, so when I tackled a major coat closet makeover recently, I decided to add a few pretty DIY details, including some cheerful painted hangers.
pretty hangers for our newly organized coat closet, crafts
Wood hangers make a great choice for a coat closet because they are super sturdy for heavy coats and jackets. I invested in a set of wooden hangers when we first moved into our home, and they've held up great. So much better than the the hodgepodge of wire and plastic hangers that I used to use, which often wound up bent or broken under the weight of our coats.
But despite the functionality of our wood hangers, I didn't love the way they looked with our brand new coat closet system. There were just too many different colors of wood going on in the space.
If you're rolling your eyes at me right now, that's ok. I know it's a super picky little thing. Which is exactly why I couldn't justify spending the money to replace all of the hangers with the chic chrome ones I really wanted. But I could afford a can of $3 spray paint...so the wood hangers got a makeover!
It only took me about 5 minutes to paint the hangers... but one word of warning, painting hangers at dusk on your front lawn will get you weird looks from neighbors and dog walkers!
But it was 5 minutes well spent, because I love the way the pretty blue hangers look in our newly organized coat closet!
Be sure to head over to my blog post to see our fully organized coat closet reveal and to read all of my 7 TIPS FOR AN ORGANIZED COAT CLOSET THAT WORKS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Angela, Blue i Style

• Debbie Green

Any chance of the paint coming off on the clothes?

• Donna

Great idea! Having color helps to identify. I used a different color for each child. No more asking Is this mine?

• Gva28051696

I'm curious, I have limited closet space and couldn't use those hangers. I'm wondering how many can? I use the slim, flocked velv et ones that are great. Clothes stay on them quite well. I do love how you used the turquoise paint on the wooden hangers. It would be fun to use them.

• Mary M

I like the dlim flocked hangers but I also like/use wooden for heavy things. I found my other hangers won't hold our heaviest, so I have both. I am going to spray paint mine. I like this idea.

• Mary M

Like this look. Going to do it!

• Sug33376544

I would like to but don't think I can right now. As far as limited closet space I found some (plastic, I think) holders that will hold 5 hangers. They have a hook on each end to put on the rod while you put the hangers on them, then just drop 1 end down. It works great for shirts & skirts. 1 had the hook on 1 end bust but I'm still able to use it although not as easily.