Pretty Hangers for Our Newly Organized Coat Closet

$6

I believe strongly in the idea that making an organized space pretty motivates you to keep it organized, so when I tackled a major coat closet makeover recently, I decided to add a few pretty DIY details, including some cheerful painted hangers.
pretty hangers for our newly organized coat closet, crafts
Wood hangers make a great choice for a coat closet because they are super sturdy for heavy coats and jackets. I invested in a set of wooden hangers when we first moved into our home, and they've held up great. So much better than the the hodgepodge of wire and plastic hangers that I used to use, which often wound up bent or broken under the weight of our coats.
But despite the functionality of our wood hangers, I didn't love the way they looked with our brand new coat closet system. There were just too many different colors of wood going on in the space.
If you're rolling your eyes at me right now, that's ok. I know it's a super picky little thing. Which is exactly why I couldn't justify spending the money to replace all of the hangers with the chic chrome ones I really wanted. But I could afford a can of $3 spray paint...so the wood hangers got a makeover!
It only took me about 5 minutes to paint the hangers... but one word of warning, painting hangers at dusk on your front lawn will get you weird looks from neighbors and dog walkers!
But it was 5 minutes well spent, because I love the way the pretty blue hangers look in our newly organized coat closet!
Be sure to head over to my blog post to see our fully organized coat closet reveal and to read all of my 7 TIPS FOR AN ORGANIZED COAT CLOSET THAT WORKS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Angela, Blue i Style

• Itsmemic

I use different colored hangers for each items use. Such as...Green for GO TO's....sweats...hang around tshirts...etc. I use RED>..for those items that just don't fit right yet I can't part with them..:) or sentimental hippie days memories And Black for dress up..

You get the idea. Works great..no time wasted looking for an outfit.

• Mary M

Like this look. Going to do it!